Video blog for today. Watch this first, then read below.
Read this blog series
on Emotional Incest
by Libby Anne
(a recovering fundamentalist)
test everything, hold onto what is good
- Part 1 – Definitions
- Part 2 – Christian Patriarchy Example
- Part 3 – Daddy’s Girls & Mother/Son Marriages
- Part 4 – Love Triangles, Unfair Responsibility, & Breakups
Regarding Family Dynamics
- If a parent – is your relationship with your spouse more solid than your relationship with your kids? Whether intentional or not, are you finding certain fulfillment in your children that should be reserved for your husband or wife? Why?
- As a child – What does it mean to appropriately honor and love our parents as adults so as to not be dismissive and simply disregard them?
- What was Christ’s posture of spirit towards Mary and Joseph?
- If a mentor, discipler, teacher – Are you setting yourself up as an idol in your students life, forming their faith around you instead of around Christ? Why?
- If someone being discipled – Are you placing an unhealthy burden on those leading you? Are you exchanging Christ Himself for your discipler, placing an unhealthy attachment on them? Conversely, what does it mean to appropriately submit, listen, consider, and love those who have authority in your life? And also, what kind of grace should we be extending to our human leaders?
- What was Christ’s posture of spirit towards Father God?